Saturday, February 13, 2010

We don't get it.

The 2010 Olympics are here. I won't watch a second of the action. And...for the last 10 or 15 years I've actually wanted to like the Olympics.

Other than that kid currently taking a nap in his big boy bed and that other kid who is yet to make an appearance, I don't love anything more in life than sports. If I am to believe what I hear, one of my first words was "touchdown" for crying out loud...I love sports. But the Olympics -- even the summer games -- have never done anything for me.

Sure, I like the pics in SI of Lindsey Vonn and Cool Runnings was one of the greatest movies of the last 30 years. But the Olympics just doesn't do anything for me. However...pitchers and catchers report very very soon. And I am quite interested in that.

So...let's get this half pipe thing out of the way and let's figure out as soon as we can that Team USA won't compete for any kind of medal in hockey. I just want summer and baseball to get here. I need it.

Let the games begin and let them end just as quickly. And then its time to play ball.

1 comment:

Hemi said...

Come on fargis, curling! the only thing curling are the hairs in my hemi. Womens swimming and gymnastics now that's must see tv.