Monday, July 19, 2010

12 days to training camp...Twins win.


Just a few things today...

Brad Childress made what could now be termed his "second annual trip"down to Mississippi on Sunday night to talk with Brett Favre about coming back to Minnesota for what would be Brett's 20th NFL season. I think we all can agree that Favre is going to come back. Not really any big news here - I wanted to get a picture of Favre wearing Packers colors on the website -- just to stick the needle in Packers fans a little bit.

In other news, the Twins won yesterday and finished up the series taking 3 of 4 from the White Sox. I fully admit I didn't watch the end of the game. I was kind of pissed when Joe Mauer started the 7th inning with a terrible at-bat and figured there was no way this team could come back if the heart of the order was going to continue to look disinterested. My dad sent me a text message saying he "always loved Delwyn Young" and then I had to look at the box score last night to figure out that the Twins did, in fact, win the game.

Ben Sheets and Ted Lilly have both been tossed out as possible solutions for the Twins starting pitching problems. No thanks. I would rather just put Duensing in the rotation and maybe even let Slowey try to figure out his issues.

1 comment:

notmikegreenberg said...

Delwyn. I always loved that one.