Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thursday Thoughts


Things I think about while wondering how that guy Bill Engvall got a TV show...


---
I kind of wish I still lived in Vadnais Heights. A train derailed there today (nobody was hurt) but if I lived there, I could have been interviewed by the local TV news and I would have said "it sounded just like a tornado was coming."

---
Only six more weeks until Antonie Winfield holds out of training camp.

---
I am giving LeBron James a pretty decent chance in the NBA Finals. In fact...okay...Cavs in 6. You know you are going to watch some of this, don't lie. Come on -- the Cavs have LeBron AND a guy named Boobie -- it's a no lose situation.
---
What happened to Michelle Wie anyway? She was once the fastest young rising female golfer in the country. Now she can't even break 85 on a regular basis. You choose where she is headed, because I can't decide. Does she go the way of Jennifer Capriati or does she go the way of A.J. Soprano?

---
Hey London, 1988 called -- it wants its logo back: http://tinyurl.com/2b3ulf

---
People are going to be talking about that Ducks championship for years to come.

---
ESPN had the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft on TV today. If the Versus Network had done this, how many people on ESPN Radio would have made fun of the decision?

---
Speaking of ESPN... they basically ruined any chance of Curt Schilling throwing a no-hitter today against the A's. They broke into the game during the bottom of the 9th inning. Schilling gets two ground balls and then gives up a line-drive single to the once-believed-to-be-dead Shannon Stewart. Just so predictable.

---
Jason Giambi hurting his foot while rounding the bases after a home run has to be the funniest MLB story that hasn't really been reported on at all.

---
If Barry Bonds hits #756 at Wrigley Field, do you think the fans throw the ball back?

---
I guess we don't have to worry about Kevin Durant being on steroids, huh?

---
Remember when Frank Thomas could hit a fastball? I miss those days.

---
Just to clarify something -- Kobe Bryant wants to be traded, right?

---
I wonder if Mike Vick would be interested in "cat sitting" for awhile? Nothing permanent, just a weekend or something if we are out of town.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

personal best post ever:

I kind of wish I still lived in Vadnais Heights. A train derailed there today (nobody was hurt) but if I lived there, I could have been interviewed by the local TV news and I would have said "it sounded just like a tornado was coming."

see you soon so we can hit some hail sized golf balls...

Anonymous said...

First of all, why is fargis up SO early?!?

I love the post as well..."hey london, 1988 called-it wants its logo back"=awesome. That thing is hideous. However, did you see the mascots for the Olympics in Greece? UGH!

http://www.olympic.org/uk/games
/athens/open_mascotte_uk.asp

4nOcean said...

um, i don't get the whole "cat sitting" pun. can you elaborate?