Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who wants to know about Tim Brewster and his future?

Just a few random thoughts...

If you want to know what people are thinking about Tim Brewster, go ahead and google the words "fire Tim Brewster" and see what pops up. Over the last four days, 167 different people have googled that phrase and entered into Cold Omaha. If the Gophers lose to NDSU this weekend, Tim Brewster's days as head coach might be numbered. And Cold Omaha might finally find a national following. Okay, neither of those will happen, but we can dream, right?

---
Why is that Vince Vaughn's new movie "Fred Clause" seems to be a rerun of all the other Vince Vaughn movies over the last five years and it hasn't even been released yet? When you have to break out dialogue in a commercial for the film like "Let's make some bad decisions with each other!" and that dialogue was stolen from a movie (Wedding Crashers) that Vaughn did three years ago and Vaughn was the person who said the dialogue in the previous movie, well...I have a feeling the film might be kind of terrible.

---
What is less interesting to you at this point: Kobe Bryant will be traded. Joe Torre will be fired.

---
Lost in all the Adrian Peterson madness is the fact that the Vikings defense allowed over 400 passing yards to Brian Griese last week. Tony Romo might find Owens/Crayton/Hurd a few times on Sunday I think.

---
The gal and I finally saw the movie Knocked Up and well...it was good but not great. I hate being let down by a movie like that, but I guess its my own fault -- I was expecting big things.

---
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I wasn't expecting much and I love the HBO series The Wire. I am ten episodes into the first season and it is running a close second on my list to The Sopranos. It's that good.

---
Only three more weeks until the Twins officially announce they won't be bringing back Torii Hunter.

---
And we might be three months away from a Twins deal that sends Johan Santana packing.

---
In honor of Peter King, one thing I think I think is that the Indians will win the ALCS tonight and set up a decent World Series where they dismantle the Rockies in five or six games.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice call on the indians.

disstraktor said...

fargis is -10 for being a prick.

Cold Omaha said...

yeah -- I should just post a picture of a toblerone instead of actually putting out my opinions.

Anonymous said...

just watched "the break up" and vince says "make some bad decisions" in that movie too.