Saturday, March 13, 2010

Consistently inconsistent is no way to play.

The Gophers beat Sparty in OT last night 72-67. Tubby Smith locked-up another 20-win-season, Blake Hoffarber hit four 3's and finished with 14 points. Devoe Joseph finished with 17 and carried the team in overtime. And because the game was on Big Ten network, most of you living in greater Minnesota without DirectTV never saw the game.

If the Gophers can get by Purdue today, they will face Illinois or Ohio State in the finals on Sunday. A win today pretty much locks up a bid to the NCAA tournament. Read that sentence again...I know right? I don't believe it either.

I am guessing I will fill out no fewer than 10 different brackets for the tournament and I won't be picking this inconsistent team to win more than one game in any of them. Still...its nice to see the Gophers (sort of) playing like a real team again. At least over the last three days. There is no guarantee for anything more than that going forward. I won't get sucked in. At least not until they win the Big Ten tournament. If that happens, don't make me cheer against them.

No comments: