Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Johan Santana has never been more correct.

This is not going to be good for business.

The best left-hander in the game isn't happy with the Twins because the team shipped out Luis Castillo and Terry Ryan didn't do anything positive before the trade deadline.

--------------------
Quotes from Johan in the Minneapolis Star Tribune today:

"I'm not surprised. That's exactly how they are. That's why we're never going to go beyond where we've gone. It's not just about hope. In a realistic world, you have to really make it happen and go for it."

Santana wasn't done:

"You always talk about future, future. ... But if you only worry about the future, then I guess a lot of us won't be part of it....Why waste time when you're talking about something that's always going to be like that? It's never going to be beyond this point. It doesn't make any sense for me to be here, you know? I've been here for eight years, and I've seen a lot of those kind of things...I've seen a lot of those guys [like Castillo] come in and leave. [The decision makers] don't care. They always talk about caring about it; I don't think they care.

And finally Santana finished:

"Because if you're always talking about having young players -- that's the philosophy the team has, and I respect all that -- but it's been proven that it's not enough to go all the way to the World Series...They protect their young players. They protect their organization, their roots, everything. But I guess I won't be a part of it. A lot of guys don't feel like they can be part of it, and they have to move on....Every time I'm out there, I'm trying to win...And from seeing that we're not even trying from the top to the bottom -- I don't think it's a good sign. I don't think it's good at all."
--------------------
Um yeah - so maybe Terry Ryan should have done something to get a hitter or two in here, huh?

No comments: