Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This better not be a trend.

Would you play a golf course designed by Tiger Woods just because it was designed by Tiger Woods? If you have the means to do so, you will get your wish soon because he is designing his own course in South Carolina, his first such effort here in the U.S.

Unfortunately, there is a huge downside to the announcement -- he won’t allow golf carts on the course.

For many of us, riding in the cart is one of the highlights of golf. I personally can’t think of anything better than sitting in the passenger side of a golf cart, fidgeting with the GPS system, and drinking a bloody Mary while trying to figure out how I am going to get the ball back into the fairway.

Still… it’s a course designed by Tiger and I would play it if I had the chance. It’s a bit haughty to not allow riders – but I guess Tiger can do what Tiger wants to do.

No comments: