Thursday, March 1, 2007

Brad Johnson is but a memory and some thoughts on things…

He had a good run, but Brad Johnson has been released by the Vikings. That leaves Tavaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger as the only two QB’s on the roster. It sounds like the Vikings will also cut ties with Jermaine Toosday Night Wiggins and Freddy Loudmouth Smoot by the weekend.

The Vikings have a plan for free agency and the draft, but won’t release any details until the time is right. I miss Denny Green. At least he was a prick with some personality.

---
Texas beat Texas A&M last night. Duke lost to Maryland again. So happy I am done pretending I know what I am doing when it comes to college hoops.

The Gophers also lost to Purdue – that’s a game I picked correctly. They might not win another game this year. That includes games in November and December next year.

Take Virginia and North Carolina tonight by the way.

---
This whole Pac Man Jones thing is riveting. When a drug dealer is worried about how you are living your life....you might have a problem.

---
I wish I could buy stock in things like “Joel Pineiro will save 30 games this year and the Red Sox will win the AL East by at least 5 games.”

---
Why don’t I care when NFL players use steroids and HGH but when baseball players do it, it makes me sick?

---
Remember when the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue used to be a hot topic? Well…it might be again -- especially if Hepatitis A is newsworthy.

---
Is there a way for us to get Erin Andrews “permanent sideline reporter for every major sporting event” status sometime soon? Should we start a petition or something?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be shocked if florida doesn't repeat. shocked.

Anonymous said...

also, something I think we're all waiting to hear from you on -- black snake moan.

Cold Omaha said...

Thinking....shaking head....afraid to say anything.