Monday, February 12, 2007

I want that with extra anchovies please.

I have been wondering about something for awhile now. Does Patrick Dempsey’s shocking rise to stardom on Grey’s Anatomy mean that he won’t be available for a Can’t Buy Me Love sequel? How about Loverboy part two?

Not sure of the amount, but I would shell out some pretty decent money to be able to run into him over the next few months and tell him -- “I loved your work in Outbreak, you really nailed that role.”

---
Seeing Fergie on stage and up close at the Grammy’s last night made me very happy that I don’t have HDTV. Yikes. She’s like that sort of ugly yet cute chick on Seinfeld, she looks good in certain light (like her F to E R G the I the E video) but other times she’s a train wreck.

---
Do you think Mitch McDeere ended up going back to the Cayman’s to find that chick he hooked up with on the beach?

---
I can’t be 100% sure, but I think Constantine from American Idol served me my coffee last Friday at Caribou.

---
Worst part about the end of the NFL season? Not being able to see Dan Marino laughing at his own jokes on HBO’s Inside the NFL.

---
Everything feels right about the Randy Wittman era doesn’t it? He has really gotten the Wolves back on track. They are just crappy enough that nobody cares to watch them but not quite crappy enough to be in the running for Greg Oden or Kevin Durant.

---
You know you don’t live in a big city anymore when it takes you ten minutes to get to work and you complain about the commute.

---
If a Sammy Sosa comeback with the Rangers is what it will take to somehow get Jose Canseco doing interviews again, I am all for it.

Shouldn’t Sammy be playing in Japan now instead of trying to make another run at the majors? If Tony Batista was too old and fat to play for the Twins last year, can Sosa really hit fifth for the Rangers this summer? In that heat? He better load up the B-12 shots, its going to be a grueling comeback.

---
They should change the name of the NFL Pro Bowl to “guys who wanted to come to Hawaii instead of playing Pebble Beach bowl.”

Did you know the game was played on Saturday over the weekend? Who made that decision? Wasn’t somebody supposed to tell the rest of us? The ratings for that thing are already lower than the ratings for Rome is Burning, why wouldn’t they tell us they moved the game to Saturday?

Speaking of All-Star games, they are putting the NBA’s version in Las Vegas this Sunday. Talk about a blow torch and dynamite. I wonder if you will be able to bet the over/under on the number of disorderly conduct arrests, drug possession charges, and indecent exposure complaints filed this weekend in Vegas.

---
The best part about sleep deprivation is that “in between” state where you are pretty sure you are awake and it feels like you are awake, but then the dog starts talking to you and everything gets confusing.

---
I watched Scarface again over the weekend and it’s weird to say it, but I think Kevin Garnett is doing a Tony Montana impersonation every time he gets interviewed.

---
Pitchers and catchers report next week. I can’t wipe the smile from my face.

No comments: